It’s the Saturday of Sparta Town and Country Days of course! You may be wondering, why would it be the best? Here are 10 reasons:
1) The Sparta Town & Country Days Parade – Watch with delight as local businesses march through downtown Sparta with colorful floats, fun music, and great fun!
2) The Celebration in the Square – Fun for all ages! Everything from carnival games to arrow tag, crafts to rock wall climbing, there’s something here to please everyone!
3) The Beer Garden – For all adults 21 or over, the Beer Garden will be a fun time to grab a drink, hang out with friends, and enjoy some food from the food trucks that will be joining us for the event!
4) Fireworks – Adults and kids alike will “ooh!” and “ahh!” over the incredible fireworks show in Balyeat Field. It’s sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
5) Sports Skills Fun – Test your skills in four different sports for a chance to enter your name in a raffle for prizes. It’s a fun way to earn great prizes, all while getting to show off your athletic abilities!
6) Entertainment – A whole lineup of fun is planned for the stage in Town Square on Saturday! See which lucky fifth graders are crowned Johnny Appleseed and Miss Apple Blossom; Watch a stunning demonstration of skill by Impact Karate; And enjoy an amazing performance by Dance With Me dancers and acro students!
7) Live Music – Speaking of stage entertainment, later in the day, there will be a live performance by the Bronk Brothers. You must be 21 or older to enter the fenced-in area, but anyone can enjoy the "Rockin' Hillbilly Extravaganza" from the tables and chairs outside the beer tent area.
8) Food - Who doesn't love some good food? As always, you can stop by one of our amazing local restaurants, or you can get some delicious eats from the food trucks that will be parked in Town Square from 4:30 pm-11 pm! Featuring: Dune Buggy, Fork in the Road, Happy Camper Doughnuts, Kona Ice, Kool Breze, Papa Picciones's, and Rockin' Dogs!
9) Parents Night Out - Want to enjoy a night with friends, but don't want to find a babysitter? We've got you covered! Drop your child off at Dance with Me from 7-11 pm for a fun night of crafts, activities, and a movie. It's only $20 and anyone is welcome! You can reserve your spot at email@example.com.
10) Wine Tasting - Bring your friends to Sparta Town Square for a Wine Tasting featuring selections from Stoney Ridge Winery and Ed Dunneback & Girls Pink Barrell Cellars! It's only $10 for 5 tastings!