Concerts in the Park are a highlight of summer in Sparta! They promise a fun night of live music and great community! Here’s a list of things to make sure that you get the best concert experience that you can! Concerts take place every Wednesday starting at 6:30 pm.
*Rain or shine, the show must go on! In the event of rain, the concert will be moved indoors to the civic center.
1) Take out from local restaurants – What goes better with great music than yummy food from your favorite local restaurant? Whether it be a burger, a taco, or a pizza, food makes any event better, and Concerts in Rogers Park is no exception!
2) Drinks from participating restaurants – Take advantage of Sparta’s social district and grab a drink from participating restaurants!
3) Chairs/Blanket – There aren’t chairs at the event so you should make sure to bring your own! Don’t have any lawn chairs? Don’t worry, spreading a blanket out on the grass is a great alternative!
4) Sunscreen – The warm weather makes Concerts in Rogers Park all that more enjoyable! However, you don’t want to go home with a sunburn. There’s not a whole lot of shade available, so it’s never a bad idea to bring some sunscreen!
5) I Love Summer in Sparta Shirt – Show your support for Sparta with an I Love Summer in Sparta shirt! These shirts are comfy and perfect for the occasion!
6) Appetite for Food Trucks – There will be a variety of food trucks present at every concert. Whether you want snacks, a sweet treat, or a meal, they’ve got you covered!
7) Money for Raffles – During the event, there will be two opportunities for you to win a raffle! There will be a 50/50 raffle. The profits of this raffle will be used to support future concerts. Along with this, you can buy a ticket for $5 to get a chance to win over $500 in gift cards to restaurants in Sparta! Both of these are a great chance to win, and a great way to support your community!